I switched to a Samsung Galaxy S.
I use Google’s apps every day. I figured it was a safe bet to try out a phone built on a Google platform. Not to mention the simple thought of totally removing iTunes from my computer made me feel warm and tingly inside. I’ve never had software that needed so many updates. And not tiny ones either.
- Web pages load 10x faster on the new phone. I actually like browsing the web on a phone again!
- The google apps integration is great! I entered a few credentials in and i had gmail, google calender and google talk all set up in less than 5 minutes.
- The fact I can have multiple programs running that I can switch back and forth between is awesome.
- Phone still has > 75% charge at the end of the day! With the iPhone I was at < 10% charge during the same time frame. (i’m comparing the new phone to how the iPhone performed brand new)
- Connecting the phone to my laptop was a huge pain. I finally was able to successfully do it by using a different USB port. This could be my laptop and not the phone – however I had no issues with connecting the iPhone.
- I miss my domaintyper.com app!
Overall I’m extremely happy I made the switch! I have a phone that works faster and better. There are are drawbacks, but few and far between.